Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I WANT YOU! to help me pick a title because I'm a moron...




Hey everyone!

I need help picking a title for my next novel (book two in the Imperfect Series, see the "My Books" tab above for more info).

The novel is a New Adult Romantic Comedy with a bit of a murder/mystery thrown into the mix. I have been trying to come up with a title that has the word Imperfect in there somewhere, plus embodies the idea of romance/mystery/legal type stuff.

I had originally titled it Imperfectly Legal, but after much contemplation and forehead slapping, I realized Imperfectly Legal sounds way to much like Barely Legal. *head desk*

I can't decide what to change the title to, so I made a poll. Please consider voting for your favorite below, or if you have a title that's not listed, leave a comment! I will love you forever!

Here's a brief synopsis to give you a feelsky:

Freya Morgan thought it would be a great idea to hire the bad boy on campus to beat up her douchebag ex-boyfriend after he cheated and treated her like crap. Fast forward a few months, and nothing she’s done has helped her get over the scars left behind by her ex. Not the paid beating, not the string of sucky dates, nothing.

Dean Collins is in trouble, and it’s all Freya’s fault. After all, she started the trend of all the ladies on campus paying him to do their dirty work. But now, two of the boys he was hired to beat up are dead, and he’s the only connection.

When Freya agrees to help him find the real killer, she discovers that this bad boy isn’t so bad, after all. And getting involved with him means more than finding a killer, it means potentially losing her life…and her heart.




What should the new title be?
Legally Imperfect
Imperfectly Criminal
Imperfectly Dangerous
Other (Comment below!)
Poll Maker

7 comments:

  1. Oh my the possibilities are endless with a thesaurus! Congrats on the follow up. Here are some suggestions:

    Imperfect Machinations
    Imperfect Conspiracy
    Imperfect Intrigue
    Imperfect Consortium*
    Imperfect Proportions
    Imperfect Temptation
    Imperfect Jeopardy
    Imperfect Bonds
    Imperfect Association

    *Consortium has a specific legal meaning for married couples, so you might want to avoid this term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thesaurus, schmesaurus! That's cheating! Although I giggled a lot at this list :) I had to google the legal definition of consortium, that's interesting! Thank you for the suggestions, I love all of them!

      Delete
  2. I voted for "Criminal" since it's more exciting than the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "Imperfect Jeopardy" suggestion above.

    Jeopardy is a well recognized legal term synonymous with risk and it sounds like there's a lot at risk.

    "...finding a killer, it means potentially losing her life…and her heart."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie!!! Were you and Ariel playing around the blogosphere Friday??? I missed you :( I can't believe you left me alone with those people. I settled on a title, Imperfectly Criminal won!!! Imperfect Jeopardy just makes me think of Alex Trebec. And then I think of Will Farrell playing Alex Trebec on SNL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look no fudda, brudda...

    Q: Can anyone tell me the difference between K2 and IQ? A: Nthn. In Seventh-Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HawrHawr Need a few more thots, ideers, raw wurdz or ironclad iconoclasms? Ta-da! Voila!!

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI: As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go through in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the whorizontal more!ass! we're in (Latin: words to [the] wise)...

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence". Lemme wanna tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs (in [the] end without end -Saint Augustine) when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly-girl passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires.

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible. See you Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    infowars.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH
    -------------------------------
    PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redding Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, -blessed b9...

    God blessa youse
    (trust-in-Jesus)
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete