Normal blogging will resume momentarily....
Anita Howard has started a game of tag where you list seven things about yourself on your blog and then invite others to do the same. Leave a comment if you want to play along, and I will pop on over and check it out! (AND if you haven't checked out Anita's blog, you should! I especially recommend the trailer to her book. It's creepy and amazing and I want to read it so bad I could piss myself).
I'm a little sick and slightly hopped up on Dayquil, so bear with me. Here are seven things that you probably don't know (or want to know) about me:
1. I was born deaf. My Mom figured it out when I was only a few weeks old because my sister (lovely person that she is) would sneak up behind me and try to scare me by screaming loudly. I never responded, never jerked or anything, so that's how Mom figured it out. This was before the mandated hearing tests that they do in the hospital right after babies are born. At the time (keep in mind, this was over thirty years ago), I was the youngest person that they knew to be deaf. The problem was an infection in my middle ear which was (obviously) remedied, eventually. But, since I was the youngest deaf person they ran all sorts of tests on me to check my vision and other sensory development. I was finally given surgery and was able to hear at 9 months.
2. I've never been stung by a bee.
3. When I was a junior in high school, I lied to my friends and told them I had had a boyfriend before (I even made up a whole story about how we broke up because he cheated on me). Yes, I was sixteen and had never been kissed (unless you count a few unfortunate games of spin the bottle), mostly because boys scared me. They still do, a little (I realize I'm married and have given birth to a boy. Doesn't change anything).
4. I am hopelessly addicted to historical romance novels.
5. Sometimes I like to imagine that I'm an amazingly awesome singer (I'm really not), and that I have written/sung some of the songs that are on the radio. Only, like, ten years ago because I'm much younger in these fantasies and everyone is terribly impressed by me. Oh, and I can play the guitar.
6. I actually can play the piano, a little bit (despite past and recently admitted behavior this is not a lie).
7. I once called in sick to work because there was an accident on the freeway and I didn't want to deal with the traffic.
That was fun :) Now, Tag! You're it. Go blog some stuff and let me know. Or just leave me a comment with a couple of fun tid bits about yourself :)