So, Jenny Phresh over at The Party Pony gave me an award.
And the weirdest part is I don't think it's a mistake! (And if it is, Jenny, you absolutely cannot have it back. You will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Or, you know, hack it off my blog.)
So here it is:
Isn't it cute?!
And here are the rules:
(there are rules? But I'm the winner! ME! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME ME ME! I'm really trying not to let this get to my head, honest).
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
And here are my seven facts (again...didn't I already do this? You people are going to know WAY too many random things about me) :
1. One time in the sixth grade I threw up in the middle of church (catholic school. The whole school was there) and then immediately burst into tears.
2. I have two tattoo's. One daisy on my back (slightly off center so as not to be confused with a tramp stamp) and the Scorpio sign on my tummy (and it's an M!)
3. Both of my parents are English professors (which comes in handy for editing and getting critiques, although I'm pretty sure my Mom is WAY biased).
4. I was on a TV show once when I was five. It was a local show called "Space Station 21". Okay, my whole kindergarten class was there, too, but still.
5. I have really long fingers. Like ET fingers. Occassionally, I point at people and say "ooouch".
6. I also have long toes. One day, when I was a sophmore in high school, I was walking down the hallway next to my crush and he said, "You have the longest toes I've ever seen!" And I've had a complex ever since.
7. This is hard for me to admit, but I have a Miley Cyrus song on my iPod. Okay, okay, maybe two songs. Two Miley Cyrus songs. Shhhhh....don't tell anyone. ;)
Phew! Okay, now for the easy part, five blogging buddies who are amazing!
1. Mary Baader Kaley
My soul sister. She can be found over at Not An Editor which is an amazing blog about critiquing where she interviews cool people and gives tips on critiquing (which is important because it helps your writing!) and she's also one of the nicest people, like, EVER!
2. Sophia Martin
This lady is a HUGE inspiration to me, she has so much drive and motivation and she's a GREAT writer, too. Check out her BLOG, especially if you want information on ePubbing, she is the new guru!
3. Kierah Jane Reilly
Kierah is an amazing writer and wonderfully supportive friend. And she always leaves the most incredibly thoughtful comments that make me think about things more and in a different way than I might have otherwise (which is a good thing!) Check her out over at her blog.
4. Holly Bodger
I hope this isn't awkward because I don't really know Holly very well (except for that one time when I sorta stalked her on twitter and she was very nice about the whole thing), but you may recognize her from Miss Snark's First Victim. Holly always leaves excellent feedback for fellow writing peeps, and she also has an awesome blog where she gives advice on writing here.
5. Shannon Shaw Mullis
Okay, so Shannon isn't a writer. However, she is a licensed esthetician and she just started a brand new blog about how to be glamorous and fabulous on the cheap and who doesn't need that? Plus, I have known Shannon since I was...what, sixteen? And she's always been super sweet and amazing.
Sidebar: I really wanted to nominate Anita Howard over at A Still and Quiet Madness for being amazing in every conceivable way, however Jenny beat me to it.
Go forth my children, and continue blogging like the studs I know you are :)