Friday, March 19, 2010

TMCC Writers Conference

I am going! I just signed up for the TMCC writers conference on April 17th. Very exciting.

I am going all by myself. Very scary.

Here is the link to the conference information for anyone out there in cyber space that is interested:

http://www.tmcc.edu/wdce/conferences/writers/

There will be real live publishing people there! Crazy huh? I mean, who wants to come to Reno? Don't get me wrong, I love it here...but....It's Reno. We tend to be a bit lacking as far as arts and creativity goes.

I am not complaining, though. I am just grateful for the opportunity to meet all these fine people!


And, in my head, you know how it's going to go?
Totally Dumb and Dumber style. When Lloyd (Jim Carey) is envisioning himself meeting Mary's friends and family in Aspen. All wearing really tacky sweaters, sitting in front of a fire, happy music playing, everyone laughing hysterically at everything Lloyd says and does (even the lighting the fart on fire bit).

Note to self: do NOT bring matches.

In reality, I imagine I will shuffle in at the last possible minute, furiously take notes, avoid eye contact with ANYONE, and escape as soon as possible.

I mean, come on, I am a writer. By very definition I am reclusive in nature. Especially around people I don't know. The only way I could make it worse would be if I smoked a doobie before I went in, thus increasing my paranoia tenfold.

They're all looking at me! Ahhhhhhh!!!

I am feeling silly today.


No comments:

Post a Comment